Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Who are all these kids, and why are they calling me Mom?

As part of their spelling test Noah's class has to write one of the spelling words in a sentence. Noah decided to use the word sheep and here is the sentence he wrote:
"Will you eat some sheep with me." Heh. I'm sure the teacher was wondering what kind of things we eat for dinner around here.

When it's time to pick Noah up from school we wait in the car in the turn around for him to come out. Addie always climbs up in the passenger seat and yesterday he was measuring his height against the top of the seat. Then he told me, "I'm almost a big giant man." Me: "Please no, don't be a big man, I want you to be my little boy." Him: "Sorry no, only two more birthdays and I will be a big giant man."

Today I was talking to my sister on the phone and while we were talking I was reminding the kids to do different things, practice the piano, homework, clean their room, etc. She said, you really sound like a mom over there today. It's strange because most times I can't believe that I am a mom. Seems like it would be hard to forget considering most of my daily conversation revolves around Spongebob Squarepant or the Mario Brothers, but sometimes, like when I am giving the babysitter instructions for the night I stop and think...wow look at me-the mom!