Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Baby's Work is Never Done

Katie loves wearing sunglasses. She comes over to me to have me put them on and then she leaves them on for such a long time that most of the time I'm the one that takes them off. Maybe she thinks they make her look smarter or will make us take her more seriously? Either way the boys and I get a big laugh over it.

We have one of these at our house on our fridge and all the accompanying letters that it entails. Katie is constantly busy at work hiding these letters in every drawer, cupboard, empty bowl, shelf, basically anywhere she thinks they are needed. She is so serious about this job and every time I am busy cleaning or cooking in the kitchen she is working on this. Whenever I find the letters I put them back on the fridge. She probably feels that this job will never be done. Sometimes she gets tired of this and then she will pull all of the zip lock sandwich bags out of their box or mess around with things in the pantry. Yesterday at dinner she was really anxious to get down and play and Jason and I were putting words in her mouth, as we often like to do.
Katie: "I can't sit here relaxing, these magnets aren't going to move themselves and don't even get me started on the chips that still need to be crushed in the pantry."