Friday, August 21, 2009

Two Peas in an Adorable Pod

Adam is such a wonderful big brother. He is always looking out for his little sis. Whenever she needs something he will help her. He doesn't get annoyed with her. In the morning he gets her out of bed and gets her breakfast. If I get impatient with her and speak sternly to her, which of course gets her crying, he always comes over and hugs her and says, "It's ok Missy. You're a good girl," and he calms her down. If her food is too hot, he will blow it off. If he gets a treat he will always share. At the beach he will build sandcastles just so she can knock them over. He plays little ponies with her and lets her play his games with him. Today we were in a hurry to get going and I put Katie up into her car seat without letting her do it herself. She was very angry and was crying about it. After a couple minutes of crying she looks over at Addie ands says, "Addie, I'm sad." He quickly told her it would be ok and it was just so sweet how much she looks to him.

In the kitchen the other day Addie was telling me, "mom, I like your muffins you made." When I gave him his bagel he said, "mom I like the way you make bagels." Then, "mom I like everything about you." Awww he just melts my heart.