My Grandpa passed away last week and we are sad to lose him, but happy that he will be together with my Grandma again. He was 90 years old and had lived a very great and exciting life.My grandparents loved to travel. They went all over the world to very exciting places but they would also take smaller trips around the country and take their grandchildren on special trips one at a time. Imagine how fun, just you, without your siblings on a trip with Grandma and Grandpa. For my trip I got to drive with them in their RV from Washington all the way to Florida. I had an amazing time and will always have wonderful memories of my time with them.
My Grandpa moved to the US from Russia when he was young, he was German but living in Russia until the Bolsheviks forced them out, and he and his brothers played polka music. Grandpa played the accordion and on Christmas Eve all growing up I remember him getting out the accordion and playing that polka music and us dancing.
I was so fortunate to have been able to live here in Washington for his last couple of years and get a chance to visit with him once a week. My kids really loved him and he will be missed by our family a lot.