I was doing the laundry this morning and saw that Noah had yet another hole at the knee of his jeans. You might think I get annoyed at seeing this, the inexplicable way that these holes are always showing up in the boys' pants, but I secretly love it. It reminds me of how wonderful little boys are. I love their wildness, rough housing, wrestling, and loud laughter. Ok, nine times out of ten. Some of the stereotypes about boys are true, their physical energy knows no bounds, but there is so much more to them than that.Since day one my boys and I have had something really special going on. There is just something really amazing between a boy and his mom. I am so spoiled by the way they are always taking care of me. Putting their blankets on me, making cards and notes, cuddling and kissing me. I have been introduced to the joys of legos, the Mario Brothers, all manner of superheroes, StarWars, and little league sports. Yea for being a soccer mom (and wife). Oh how I love them with their crazy knock-knock jokes and strong boy smell, ha ha.
Lots of articles have come out lately addressing the fact that boys are falling behind girls
"You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes." Walter M. Schirra