Katie has started to pull up on things and stand, especially when she is in her crib. Well that's an understatement--90% of the time she's pulling up on anything, it's her crib rails when she is supposed to be going to sleep. It's like she can't help herself. We have this new ritual we go through every nap time.Mom: Good night Katie, go to sleep.
Katie: Thank goodness I am soooo tired. (of course she is only thinking this part, not saying it.)
I shut the door and about five minutes later I hear lots of excitement/anxiety coming from her room. I open the door to find what you see in the picture.
Katie: Oh I'm so glad you're back Mom! I just thought I would stand up for a minute and then I couldn't get back down. I have been standing here for 5 minutes just trying to figure out how to lay back down.
Mom: (lays Katie back down) Katie go to sleep. Night Night.
Katie: Thanks Mom. I'm really tired. Goodnight.
REPEAT FIVE TIMES
