Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Something's Missing


So something is missing in this picture, can you tell what it is? It's a front tooth. This morning before school Noah lost one of his front teeth. Let me be the first to tell you that for kindergartners this is BIG news. He could not have been more thrilled. He begged me to let him take the tooth to school so he could show his friends, his teacher, the guards at recess, the lady who gets him out of the car at drop off--pretty much everyone he knows or has ever met. I know it sounds kind of gross, but I let him. Hey you're only six once and this is one of the only times teeth are this exciting.
Noah has a thing for volcanos and lava at the moment. Almost every picture he brings home from school is a volcano and lava. I am not sure how this came about, and in fact the more pictures of volcanos he brings home the more he seems a little self-conscious when he shows them to me even though I never say anything. Today he brought home his "Choley Creation" an art project they have been working on. It was one of those clay sculptures that is molded and painted then put in the kiln. When I first saw it I wasn't sure what it was, Noah had to tell me. It was a volcano, of course. Jason and I had a good laugh about it later.
As I was leaving tonight to go to a bridal shower for a friend, I was telling Addie, as I usually do, to be a good boy while I was gone. When I was walking out to my car he yelled at me from the house, "be a good momma."