Friday, February 6, 2009

Laying Low


Addie had his tonsils & adenoids removed yesterday. Having surgery performed on your child is always scary, but everything went really well & very quickly thanks to our great doctor. Addie was super brave going into surgery. He just headed right in with the nurse without any hesitation. On the way to the surgery center that morning, Addie sensed my mood & asked "what's wrong Mom?" I told him I was just a little nervous for his "ice cream schedule" as we have been calling it. He said, "don't worry mom I'm gonna be fine." He is fine, but definitely not feeling great today. It breaks my heart, but I know he'll be back to his old self before too long. Jason has been superdad, thank goodness he is able to make Addie take his medicines. Addie cries about it every four hours & I just don't have the heart for it. Jason is always able to be cool & calm, but also strong & comforting. Addie has had many well-wishers who have brought lots of fun things for him to play with when he feels more up to it. We are so grateful everything went so well and we are thrilled that having this surgery done is going to help Addie with his sleep issues. For now we are just going to hang out here with the Popsicles & lay low for awhile.